April 19, 2016
Hey Youth Musicians – Want to Record a Single? Win the Opportunity at Extra Curricular!
We’re not kidding around, here. We’ve partnered with Will Muir, a professional producer and sound engineer with his own recording studio space right here in K/W.
Have you ever wanted to have a professionally mixed single to show off to your fans, and help you book gigs?
You could WIN a production package with Will, that includes production, recording, and mixing of your very own single. Check out some other artists this amazing guy has recorded:
So, how do you enter? Well, eyeGO to the Arts is holding a youth and arts extravaganza at Waterloo Public Square on May 28th. The event runs all day, from noon until 5pm. We have open performance slots, if you’re interested in a slightly longer performance opportunity, BUT:
From 1pm through 2pm we will be holding a judged competition for student and youth musicians. Slots are short, 2 songs each, and during that time you’ll be judged by a panel of local music professionals. The winner will be announced closer to the end of the day, so once your set is up, stick around and enjoy the fun!
The rules are as follows:
- At least one of the songs you perform must be original.
- No more than 2 songs per artist/group.
- Try to keep tech requirements light, we need to be able to have a fast turnaround.
- This is a family event, so keep your lyrics family friendly!
- Slots are limited, first come, first served!
- Edit: Oops! As the title says, the competition is focused on youth. Only high school and university students are eligible!
And don’t forget that we do still have some half hour performance slots left if you want to really let loose and show your stuff to the town.
If you’re interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a slot!
THANK YOU, Will, for being such a generous and awesome guy. Without your kind sponsorship, this competition wouldn’t exist.
Posted in: Tidbits and Musings